the railway faentina
Launched in 1893 far rail Faentina finally joined two regions, two Mari and two ports. From the Tyrrhenian Sea, more precisely from the port of Livorno, the Adriatic Sea, in the port of Faenza. The new railway began, more precisely at the railway station of Santa Maria Novella, passed for countries Vaglia, S. Piero, Borgo S. Lorenzo, Ronta, Marradi in Brisighella. This itinerary includes small works of art, including the bridge over the Rio Trillero. This stone bridge has a particular architectural beauty. Some were later was added a stretch of railway, about 32 km long, Borgo S. Lorenzo-Pontassieve. This stretch was built to connect the Faentina with Central Italy through the Florence-Rome. Over the years of the Second World War, the Germans destroyed several sections of rail, such as Florence-Borgo San Lorenzo Village and the Village-Faenza-Pontassieve. The latter two were restored several years later, while for the Florence-Village must wait until 1999, when the line will be reactivated after 19 years of work.